- Build credibility for your business by publishing an ezine and writing articles. Your customers and prospects will see you as an expert and will come to trust you. Submit articles to other ezines for republishing and publicity, making it a requirement to include your resource box at the end of the article.
- Publish your ezine only on your web site. Have people subscribe to a "new issue" email reminder. This could really increase your traffic and sales. Of course, you could also send your ezine in html format but some email clients don’t handle html well, leaving your readers frustrated and hitting the delete – or worse, the spam - button.
- It’s a fact. People love ‘free’. An ebook is perfect. Visitors will return to your website for more free valuable information. Start your own free ebook directory and allow other authors to submit their ebooks. You could be offering hundreds of free ebooks in no time!
- Provide your visitors with great free content. Your content will be more attractive to your visitors if it's up-to-date or original. Offer your visitors the option to reprint the content in their ezine or web site. If your content is super original, you could use something like "Never Seen Before" in your titles.
- Compile your website into an ebook and offer your visitors the option to download a copy. Now your visitors can explore your site offline – and they won’t lose your web address – it’s all on their hard disk! Incorporate a viral effect – simply publish your ebook with free giveaway rights.
- Translate your web site and free email newsletter into different languages, thus increasing your overall target market. If, like me, you’re not so hot on foreign tongues, outsource the task.
- Offer a free online directory full of interesting ebooks, ezines, websites, etc. Include in your listing, ezine title, subscription instructions, publisher’s name, etc. You'll attract a lot of traffic from ezine publishers and people who want to subscribe to ezines. If people find your directory to be a valuable resource, they’ll visit it time and again. You could even publish your whole directory in e-book format with free giveaway rights. Of course, don’t forget to list your own ezine at the top of your directory for extra exposure.
- Always carry a supply of business cards with you. Take time in the design process of your business cards, so that anyone instantly knows what your business is about. Hand them out to anyone you meet. Just think of all the people you meet each day – in the grocery store, post office, restaurant, gas station…
- Interact with your customers regularly. Show them you really care. Set up a forum, shoutbox or other online message system. Always be interested in what people have to say, answer their questions, compliment their work and take the time to talk about things other than just business.
- Remember your customers are always right – even when they’re not! They are the lifeblood of your business. Resolve all conflicts quickly and painlessly. There are many businesses, which profit almost solely from repeat business. You don't want to always have to rely on converting prospects into customers.
I read the first issue of Dr.Mani's 'Online Business Basics' guide newsletter, this morning... it was an eye-opener! I learned a lot about the way to look at building an online business, and think you will too. In fact, I have special permission from Dr.Mani to share this issue with you – click here to read it as a PDF download... for FREE!
And you can get access to all the other back issues, along with a ton of valuable resources for every online business newbie - at a ridiculously low one-time investment. Take a look to the right – fill out your name and email address, and hit ‘Send Me The Infopreneur Reports’.*
*An email will be sent to your inbox. Click the confirmation link in the email, and I’ll send the reports right to you. (In accordance with our double opt-in policy)