Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Congenital Heart Defects Awareness Day - February 14th


Hi there,

I'd like to take you off topic for a few moments, away from internet marketing to another subject that I am passionate about.

You may have noticed at one time or another, a link on Riquochet's home page to the Congenital Heart Defects Web site. Let me tell you a little of what it's all about...

Dr Mani Sivasubramanian, already known to many of you as an internet marketer, is also a heart surgeon and heart disease online founder. He asked me, some time ago, if I'd display the link somewhere on our site. I visited the CHD site and immediately wanted to help in any small way I could.

What is CHD?

'CONGENITAL HEART DISEASE ..... a chilling phrase; a lethal constellation of birth defects of the heart that affect millions of newborn infants and children; a killer that claims thousands of lives every year.

A fortunate few, mostly in the developed countries, are cured by the miracles of modern medicine.

Sadly, the vast majority do not have access to treatment; they are forced to lead restricted lifestyles, denied the opportunity to become productive and participating members of their communities.'

Since 1999, February 14th has been observed as 'A Day for Hearts - Congenital Heart Defects (CHD) Awareness Day'.

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to visit The Smart Marketer's blog and gain a little insight into CHD, but I'd like to ask you to go the extra yard and visit Dr Mani's CHD site - have a look round, and if you feel there's something you'd like to do to help, that's great. I'm not asking you to put your hand in your pocket, just by telling a friend or two, you'll be raising awareness...

Please click the logo, above, to vist The Congenital Heart Defects Website.

Thankyou.
Steph.

No comments: